Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kylee Meets Her Big Sis

Kylee and Big Sis, Zoe

"Holding" Kylee for the First Time
Big Sis Present

Balloons from Zoe

Holding Kylee at Home
Kisses for Baby Sis

On April 9, 2012, Kylee was lucky enough to meet her BIG sis, Zoe. At first Zoe was very timid and didn't know what to think. It was important for me to have all my IVs and everything out, so that I didn't scare Zoe and I was successful in doing so. Zoe didn't want to hold her or touch her, but as some time passed and the more she stared at her, so wanted to give her kisses and she was so amazed at how small her little hands were. When she was a little more comfortable, we asked her if she wanted to hold her sister. She said, "I can't...because I can only hold her when I am on the couch." That is completely my fault...as we were prepping Zoe for the baby, we went through a bunch of things and one thing that came up in discussion was whether she could hold Kylee. My answer was only when Mommy or Daddy help and you must sit on the couch. She is sometimes to smart for her own good. Well...we kind of forced her to hold her and she was over it really quickly. Kylee got Zoe a big sister present that she got to open in the hospital and when we got home from the hospital, Kylee brought her a big sis upholstered rocking chair. She loves the chair!!! We even let her hold Kylee in the rocking chair. She is definitely digging taking care of her baby sister. Every so often we do see pretty serious tantrums from Zoe, but we are hoping the more we interact with both of them together and give Zo her own time, we should be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment