Homework is still a favorite of hers. She can name everything on her flashcards (about 150) and we can ask her questions of the different objects that she answers. One of her cards is a baby and I will ask, "What is the baby doing?" She says, "The baby sitting." Another one of her cards is a moon and she will tell me the moon comes out when it's dark. We are still working on our colors because we tend to get those mixed up quite often. The other day when Papa and YiaYia were visiting, she counted "5, 6, 7, 8, 9...". It was in order and she can count 1-5 when she is not being silly. During bathtime we have bath crayons, so we love to color during bathtime (and shoot hoops with Daddy, of course!). I like to practice her shapes when we color. She is unbelieveable! She know 6 shapes already!!! She can identify and name a circle, square, star, heart, triangle, and rectangle. I wrote her name and I asked her what she thought it said and she said, "Zoe! Mi name." Spanglish :)...
Just the other day I was finishing up my report cards at home on the computer and she said, "Mommy finish your homework." Grandma and Grandpa keep telling us how funny she is. They can't believe how well she understands humor already.
She is super observant and on car rides anywhere we tell her to search for different things. When it is visible she points it out right away. Her favorites to point out right now are motorcycles, big trucks, school buses, and city buses.
I got her a pair of velcro maryjanes and she can put on her own shoes now! She blew us away when she came in the room with her shoes on, so now every morning she wears those, she puts them on herself. Can you tell that we are proud parents?
Zoe's two year birthday is coming up! Shaun and I literally cry when we think about how big our little squirt (her nickname before we knew if she was a boy or girl) has become. She is so amazing and we are extremely blessed to have such an inquisitve, observant, cautious, bright, and fun loving little girl. We couldn't have asked for anything more!
No comments:
Post a Comment