Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Day of Preschool (Take Two!!!)

 "I am excited!" (Insisted on the bow...with a blue outfit :) )

 Standing...a little unsure of what is to come...
 Nervous?
 Mommy and Daddy stayed for a few minutes...

We were up late that morning, so I tried not to rush Zoe because she is good at reading Mommy's anxiety if I rush her.  We got her dressed, fed, and out the door in a good mood!  Phew!  Challenge number one was accomplished.  Then the nerves built up while we were in the car, but I told Zoe it would be like the time we dropped at our school's preschool, so she was a little more aware of what would happen.  She seemed okay with it and she was telling me, "Okay Mommy, you are going to drop me off,  and come back to pick me up later."  "Well, okay Miss Smartypants, we will see about that"...is what I was thinking.  This time we could stay for a few minutes, so we told Zoe 5 minutes.  I offered to play with her and she went straight to the pattern blocks.  We...no...Zoe put the pattern blocks all in the correct spots.  She was already talking to her teacher and everything.  I gave her the count down and told her, "Okay, Mommy and Daddy have to go in 3 minutes."  She didn't even look as nervous as she did at our school.  She kept on going about her business and found the babies.  That was it!  The only thing she needs anywhere to feel comfortable is a set of baby dolls.  I told her, "Mommy and Daddy need to go in a minute."  Didn't phase her... It was time!  We said good-bye and she didn't cry.  We closed the door and we didn't hear a peep...we looked in the small window...nothing!!!  Seriously?!  Fine...she wants to be a big girl and not cry this time...whatever! :)  Shaun and I went home and sat, then got up walked around (okay, okay...we paced!).  What do you do when your toddler who normally keeps you entertained and busy is gone for an hour and a half?!  We picked her up and she was all smiles!  Her teacher Miss Suzanne said they sat down for snack altogether and she just talked and talked and talked.  She knew that we were going to Montana...meeting up with Daddy's family and she even has a special seat belt for the airplane.  Really?  Wow!!!  I guess the separation anxiety is not going to be an issue anymore...at least for this class :).  She has been 3 days now and it is a piece of cake now!  Today we showed up to pick her up and she was actually playing with the others!  Yeah!  That is what she needs to work on is actual interaction with little ones her age.  Shaun noticed that some kids stay longer, so I asked her today and she said they just stay for the 11-12:30 class too.  She said that she would be okay with Zoe doing that too because her summer classes are usually smaller.  She also thinks that it would be good for her social development because it took her almost the whole class time to start to play with the others, so if she stays that extended time, she will get more time to interact.  We were all for it, so we asked Zoe if she would like that and she is ready!  Shaun went into the office and paid for the additional class, so Thursday, Zoe will go to school from 9-12:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment